I am a stay @ home mommy and there are days where I feel like I never leave my kitchen. So I like it to be clean and tidy. I can't focus unless the space around me is in order. I don't like cluttered counter tops and sticky cabinets, crudy floors or a sink full of dirty dishes, and I can't stand a unorganized drawer or cabinet. I am a little OCD, can you tell? So I spent a little time today cleaning out the cabinets and taking an assement of our drygoods etc. I keep everything in airtight glass containers of the same size and shape. Crazy, I know but it makes me smile everytime I open the door. I buy my spices @ the indian market in bulk, It's way cheeper & I use alot so it works for me. I keep my spices in old sauce jars, of same shape and size as well. You can use old spagetti sauce jars or baby food jars depending on the amount of spice you have. It's a great way to recycle and have all your spices in the same size jars. I looked online @ the cost of glass jars for spices etc. and they had some cute ones, but I like this idea better. Saving money and the environment. And you can print out your own labels on the computer. I need my hubby for that one. Still learning all this computer stuff. Have fun organizing!
Happy Easter!
13 years ago




3 comments:
A little while ago I started saving my jelly jars to use for spice containers. I buy my spices in bulk too, from the co-op. The extra that doesn't fit in the jelly jar, I put in my freezer so it stays fresh and "spicy" :)
Maybe you could come organize my kitchen for me! You'd have a hayday!
-Andrea
Hey Andrea, Jelly Jars are great, I especially like the hexagon shaped jars. I use those to hold home made bathsalts that I make and give to friends and family as gifts, cause they are prettiest jars, and make for a great presentation. I never thought to put the extra in the freezer, I just ended up using larger jars instead,thats a Great Tip, Thanks.
Oh and Another thing, I love organizing other peoples houses and redecorating. I do it alot, for free, of course cause it's fun and blesses my friends and fam, and satisfies the OCD monster in me.
Post a Comment