I love cleaning with the basics. Not all the expensive junk that just clutters up the place and is bad for the environment and your health. Plus I'm very rashy and allergic to everything and have handed that trait down to my children. Poor Kids!
This is what I have under my kitchen sink.
Paper towels,
Non Latex Gloves, Another allergy I have.
and a tote with the following chemicals:
Dish Soap, Ammonia, Baking soda, Vinegar & Bleach. That's it!
Lets start with Ammonia, I only use this to polish my jewelry, but my friend Andrea said it works great on floors.
Bleach-My hubby is immune deficient and sometimes I must disinfect with the tough stuff. I am very allergic to chlorine, so I am careful to wear gloves and open the windows. I use it mostly when the house has been contaminated by a sick member of the family or raw meat juice has dripped on the counter, you get the Idea. I also drop a 1/2 cup into our whirlpool after someone has taken a bath and run the jets and then drain the tub, to sterilize those nasty pipes. Works great! And of course bleach is wonderful for keeping my whites white.
Baking Soda-Whenever I clean the sinks, tub or shower in my house, all I use is an old rag and some baking soda. It gets rid of soap scum and gets them gleaming white again. For the toilets I will use baking soda and the brush, but for deep cleaning I use bleach. Gotta kill those germs. I put baking Soda in my laundry to freshen it. I run it through my coffee maker, dishwasher, you name it Baking Soda Rocks!
Vinegar- is great for getting the stink out of cloth diapers, and washing windows, and I also use it to wash my floors, countertops & cabinet doors.
Dish soap- the obvious-dishes, and it's great as a spot treatment for clothes stains.
I am sure I am forgetting some other great uses for these products. So write your ideas, I'd love to hear them.
I hope this has encouraged some of you to take inventory and get rid of all those nasty chemicals ( you don't really need) under the sink.
* Always Make sure you follow procedure for disposal. Yuck!
*And remember Never mix Ammonia and Bleach, the toxic fumes will Kill you!
Happy cleaning!
Happy Easter!
13 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment