Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Red Door

Yay! Yet another project to check off my very long list. I finally Painted our front door. It took 2 coats of grey primer and 3 coats of Red. I didn't make a mess either, Kevin was quite proud.
Ralph Lauren doesn't make exterior paint, but I love their color palette, so I asked them to color match it for me @ home Depot.
If you like the colors, it's Ralph Lauren "Derby Red" for the door.
Ralph Lauren "Yacht Blue" for the wider trim. I still need to paint the thin white door frame.
And flank the door with more pots of flowers. But until then I am very happy with the way it turned out.

13 comments:

Anne Marie said...

love it!

Pamela said...

Love the new blog! Love this song playing...Good Job on your door, looks wonderful even without the white trim!

Madeline said...

Beautiful! Very welcoming!!

Deidra said...

Hey Molly why are you guys thinking about moving. That would be a bummer you have worked so hard on your place. I love your new blog. We will be patient while you pretty it up. I know you it will get done. Love Ya

kado! said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It looks like it is right out of a magazine showcasing a Beautiful house that is the centerpiece for the forth of July Party! I love it...bold, & inviting! Perfect!

...and love the new blog lay-out! Great work!

....hey if you have any extra time can you tell me how you put your name on your photos...i like that!

jill said...

it looks ammmmmazing!

outdoor.mom said...

oh that is really nice.... and inspiring.

dongdong said...

very nice. I like the contrast with the blue and white.

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

You know I love red, white and blue...and this is GORGEOUS! LOVE IT! Good job on the paint color choice!
XOXO
Joni

Lottie said...

yes it looks straight out of country living magazine! :) Lottie

Toni said...

so pretty you did a great job. Love your photo header too, how cute. YOur site is looking and sounding amazing:-)

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Thanks Girls!
And Toni, I am learning that HTML isn't so bad after all. :)

Anne said...

I love red doors! Very fen shui!