Lily's day started off pretty normal, as soon as she woke up, she asked her usual question. Mommy, what dress can I wear today? " She loves dresses and all things feminine. I let Lily pick out a dress and Eden picked one out as well, to match her big sister. They got dressed and they ate breakfast. Then I sent them to the playroom for a little bit while I got the dishes cleaned up from breakfast and grabbed some laundry from downstairs. As I was walking back up the stairs, I heard Lily say to Eden, "Do you want to be my Side Kick?" Eden said "Yes!" And they ran across my path almost knocking me over, wearing scarves as capes. I wish I had a camera in my hands and not a huge laundry basket. By the time I grabbed my camera, the scarves were off and they were back in the playroom playing with their dolls. Talk about short attention spans. Some moments happen too quickly to photograph. Those are the moments I wish I had a hidden camera in my eyeballs. Then I went back to folding some laundry while they played and I heard Lily run to the bathroom. She called out to me, "Mommy do super heroes go potty?" And I said, "Of course they do!" She said why don't they go potty in the movies? Ever?!" My response was, Um... because... It's inappropriate to show people going potty." And that seemed to suffice. But I thought to myself, that's pretty observant for a four year old. She has also commented after seeing a movie once. "Mommy, they must be really hungry." "Why is that, Lily?" I asked. "Because they never ate anything the whole movie." Lily said matter-of-factly. "Oh my little Lily Lou Lou, What am I going to do with you?"
Happy Easter!
13 years ago




5 comments:
HAHAHA! I love it!
So cute! I've been asked while speaking about missions in Indonesia where I went potty!
Your little girls are so sweet!
Thanks for your comment on Willow's Cottage.
Btw, I adore your beautiful blog heading!
hilarious! very sweet :-)
She is VERY observant - I've never thought about either of those things...
Post a Comment