Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Footprints in the Snow


Little Lily Lou Lou looked out the window today and asked, " Are those Daddy's footprints, Mommy?"
I said "Yes Honey."
She asked "Where are they going?"
"They are going to work." I replied.
She said, "I want Daddy's footprints to come home. "
I sat on the window seat next to her, and looked at them for a moment, gave her a big hug, and said, "Me too!"

11 comments:

Millas hem said...

Oh, such a cute little story!

Hugs Camilla

Steph said...

It's so hard for our little girls to REALLY understand why our daddies leave them almost everyday! Mairead always asks where Kevin is even though she knows...

Jerri said...

Found your blog through Jeanne and just wanted to "ditto" the comment you left on her post about Focus!
And this little story brings back such sweet memories of when my daughter was little and would be waiting for her "Daddy" and the look in her eyes when he arrived...priceless!

Kathleen said...

Sweet story. Kids see the life so clearly!

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Hello Molly,
I have just come by from 'down under' to say hi and thanks for leaving a comment at my blog and what a treasure trove your beautiful blog is! I have just recently found out about my New England heritage - my great grandmother was from the Fairbanks Family of America/Canada so I am fascinated to learn more about New England! I have found so many things to read at your blog which we share in common - the homeschooling, nature, organic gardening - I will have to sign up to follow and return later for an inspiring read!
I love the footprints in the snow and your daughter's statement were just a beautiful expression of her heart ( it is a long time since I saw snow!) oh and I'm also going to be googling anthropologie, hope they are online as I don't think they are in Australia and those tops I have just fallen in love with - they are the type of clothes I love to wear. I love vintage style sundresses too but with breastfeeding they are not the most practical wardrobe choice at the moment!

Living It At Home said...

That is so sweet! What a great post. Glad I stopped by. Thank you for visiting my blog and your lovely comments.

Nice to meet you!
~jamilyn

Sanna - My Blueberry House said...

Hello Molly @ Star Cottage,

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog the other day. What a lovely blog you have. Your girls are so sweet! I will soon stop by again.

Have a nice day,
Sanna

lottens vita och gröna said...

soooooo sweet!
have a nice weekend!
warmhug lotten

gina said...

Aw, so sweet.

Madeline said...

Oh. How heartmelting!

Leanne said...

So sweet and what a great photo!!