Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Moms need a Lunch Break Too!

I'm a WAHM and Not SAHM because in reality taking care of children all day is a lot of work. And it is my Job. I am so blessed to be with my girls. And I believe we all deserve a Lunch Break! However short it may be.
So Nap/Quiet time is my lunch break. When it was just Me and Lily @ home during the day, I would nap with her or take a break and read. Then after Eden came along, I found that two was more hectic and in the beginning they didn't nap @ the same time. So I didn't really get a break during the day. I was pretty wiped out chasing a toddler and nursing nonstop. Then the glorious day came when The Girls started to nap @ the same time. It was wonderful. So I used that time to tidy up the house and get some extra things done. Then Lily kind of started to grow out of Naps. If she had a nap, she wouldn't fall asleep @ bed time. So we gave her quiet time instead. I had used it as valuable time with her, we would work on some preschool without Little Eden getting into the middle of everything, or we would read together, or she would even help mommy fold laundry. But now Eden likes to join in the homeschooling and actually has more of an attention span than I had thought. She loves to color and craft with us. She sings her ABC's though you can't understand every letter. or she plays quietly while we work on stuff. So I have decided to reclaim N/Q Time for myself. Now it is My Time to be with the Lord or to read a book and sip some tea, blog, or to take a nap myself. Wow, I can't believe what even just a half an hour break can do for my brain and my mood. I have been so refreshed this week. And a lot less grumpy. Yes, I get grumpy. Who doesn't. Just thought I would share. :)

7 comments:

Cadance said...

I ♥ nap time at my house. yes...a small quiet break is a very important ingredient to sanity!

...and some days...after reading Mhasyn a story...I let my self fall asleep next to him for a few minutes...very refreshing!

Of course you can do Thankful Thursday!!! You can even take the image too...the woman who creates them each month wants to share them with everyone...so yes, go ahead...it is theriputic to remember each week what we have to be thankful for! Some weeks are easier than others...but those are the weeks we really need to actually remember what we ARE thankful for!

Erin said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but I just have to tell you that this entire time, I thought I had subscribed to your blog and you just haven't been posting, so after you left me a comment I decided to visit your site and realized that I didn't, you have been, and I've missed so many!! So, now I have a lot of catch up reading to do. It's going to be so fun and exciting.. like reading an entire novel! Only, I'll have to start tomorrow because I am so very exhausted now after writing this lengthy comment. :)

Toni said...

I love when Shawn naps, the others usually color and tidy up thier rooms, or we go out in the yard and they play while I read or sip tea and watch them. Sometimes I get to close my eyes for a bit adn that is so refreshing and just recharges my batteries. This time of year with three kids in ball games we are in a field everynight, so I need the down time more then ever.

outdoor.mom said...

thats great!! i love it when my kids are sleeping :-) the other night 2 of them fell asleep at 5pm and slept all night. it was sooo peacefull!! i am glad you are getting that extra time.

McFamily said...

I totally agree! When Tytus is sleeping,I make it a point to take some "me" time too. Most days it never seems to last long enough,but never the less I am thankful for the break's...I think that I will require nap and/or quiet time with all of my children just for their own good.....and mine too! :)

Madeline said...

I love, love, love naptime. I adore being with my little boy 24/7, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. But, you put it well: "Mom's need a lunch break too!"

nannergirl said...

Good for you Molly. I'm still trying to work Mommy's quiet time back into my daily routine. Fingers crossed it happens soon.