Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Puddle Jumping & Snow Stomping

I feel like I am back home in New England. Our spring out here in NY has been incredibly crazy. One day we are wearing T-shirts and shorts, the next day we are pulling the winter coats out of the attic (yes I put them away too early) and then the next day we are donning rain gear. Our yard is a little lower than our neighbors and we seem to get all the run off. It has made for a pretty muddy yard. And a very busy mop. I can't stand to be cooped up in the house, so we have been outside rain or shine and I will be so happy when the yard is mud free. Yesterday, Eden lasted 5 mins before she was covered. She, like Lily didn't quite like being dirty and they started to cry. Plus I'm sure the mud was cold. So I gave them both a nice warm bath and dressed them back up to do it all over again, but this time we went out front and rode bikes in the driveway. And when daddy got home we headed to the park down the street. The wood chips keep it nice and dry. I would love a designated play area with wood chips or round stone for the kids to play in the back yard without getting all soaked in mud. That would be lovely.
Now Brace yourselves for tons of pictures, After all I got into all this blogging business to keep my mom up to date on all the happenings with the family. And what Grandma doesn't want to see lots of pics of her little grandbabies havin fun @ the park.

Heading Home, Eden trying to sneak in another round on the play set. She kept saying, "One more one more!"

12 comments:

alexish5 said...

Great pics! Why were you up at 2am?

Molly said...

Must have been the full moon :)

Cadance said...

Cute pics! & those rain boots are super cute too!

don't ya just love the "one more time please" line....who can resist it!

I guess I just had not realised...or maybe forgotten..that you live in NY...do you live near Long Island? We could hang out sometime!

Toni said...

love all the photos. I have mud babies here, Adam and Grace love making mud pies and having mud fights, we end up itn eh tub a lot and then with hot coco afterwards.

I started my blog for inlaws in Texas to keep up with us, and have met a lot great moms along the way, who would have thought:-)

outdoor.mom said...

oh my goodness those pics are sooo sweet!!!!

Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I do appreciate a cute pair of rain boots :)

Glad you girls had fun after all! A trip to the park with Daddy is always the nicest way to end the day.

-Andrea

Anne Marie said...

How cute that you are all dressed up! A very stylish family at the park ;)

Madeline said...

Like you, I love to be outside! Lovely pics.

Leanne said...

great gumboots! and pretty gorgeous kiddies too!

Stephanie said...

We're expecting rain and snow for the next several days - I expect we'll be getting out the bumble bee rain boots. :)

Cadance said...

I hope you had a wonderful Easter! Thinking of you and hoping your weekend was perfect!

Yes...when you guys are in NYC let me know...my husband works in Manhattan...if you bring the kids with you I'd love to meet up and go to Central park or The Natural History Museum! So yes, next time you are planning to visit lets do lunch! There is a great little macaroni-n-cheese and pizza place right near Central Park..the kids love it and I'm sure yours would too! =)

Cadance said...

I'm sure this medical mile deduction could really help your family out since you had mentioned you travel to NYC for your husbands Dr. visits....you can deduct the mileage round trip!

if you'd like could you send me your e-mail address...that way I could answer back to your comments via e-mail when you comment on my page! My e-mail is
kado1978@gmail.com

if you'd like! Have a great Wednesday....hope you get those taxes done....I'm BIG on the organizing side of it...but I bring all the papers in order into a tax professional...I make his job super easy...and he makes sure I get a refund...usually! At least that is how I like it to be! =)