In addition to all the food he provides us from his farm and all the fish he catches, He is always bringing us wild hickory nuts, walnuts, chestnuts, herbs, berries, onions, garlic, etc. that he finds in his travels. He was out and about a couple weeks ago, and he found some Wild Asparagus and brought it over. This is a picture of what we had left over after we cooked some up for dinner. We ended up eating the last bit of it raw. Eden loved it of course. It was fabulous.
And on wednesday, he brought us some little wild onions. I will be sure to post a pic of them too.




8 comments:
Love your blog! Your girls are precious!
My grandfather has a farm back in Texas... I miss it.
So nice to meet you,
Jennifer
Mmm, asparagus sounds good. I have always wanted to read that book, will have to see if our library carries it. I'm relieved to hear that your dog came home. Also, your new blog is lovely.. change is good. :)
we got to them too late!! it must have been the rain! darn it!
love your powder room btw...the sinks! awesome!!
We have an asparagus patch that hasn't quite matured. Next year we expect quite a nice crop. The few stalks we've gotten are heavenly. I don't think it grows wild here. I should check. We do have a wild weed called Greenbriar that when sauteed tastes very similar. It looks a little different though. I love eating wild stuff--except mushrooms. I'm just not brave enough!
I am afraid of mushroom hunting myself. But I'd really like to try it.
OH..I remember when I was very young we would pick asparagus by the side of the road in the very small town in ID where we lived!
We all ♥ asparagus here!!!
oh fun!!!! it would be neat to get such blessings!
My mom ran our local farmer's market for awhile when I was a kid and I fell in love with eating raw asparagus back then. I still can't get enough. Yum yum yum. I think I need to work harder on my garden. Love the new blog name and look!
Post a Comment