Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Black Locust


My Neighbor George, (The Botonist) has a bunch of these black locust trees and they hang over the fence into our yard. I love them. The blooms are so fragrant and beautiful. I get a big whiff every time I pass through our back gate. I am glad he planted them over 20 years ago. ;) We found a couple saplings in our yard, I am going to relocate them soon, I hope they transplant well.

4 comments:

Madeline said...

Oooo...I wonder if those would grow in my neck of the woods.

Pamela said...

What a lucky property line! Those look as good as they I am sure they smell. I hope your saplings survive!!

kado! said...

WOW! How lucky to have that beautiful tree hanging over into your yard!!! Love it!

Leanne said...

So very beautiful....almost as beautiful as those delicious iris below!