Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Homeschooling / Unschooling

I am a Homeschooling/Unschooling momma Just starting out. I started preschool with my four year old last fall, and we both enjoyed it. I took a pretty relaxed approach, after all I want her to have fun and be a kid. I Hated public school, Yuck! So, with that in mind, I want to make learning and discovering a great experience for my Children, don't we all?!
I have learned so much, and have gotten some great ideas from other mommies in blogland, and want to continue to learn as much as I can. I am creating a blog list of Homeschooling/ Unschooling Mommas in my side bar. I believe no matter who you you are and what method you chose to teach your children, we can all gather knowledge and encouragement from each other.
So, if you would like to be added to my list, leave me a link in the comments, or if you know of a homeschooling blog or inspirational homeschooling momma that I haven't listed, be sure to let me know.

*Your blog doesn't have to be all about homeschooling to be on the list, you just have to be a homeschooling momma :)

And believe me, my little blog isn't anything special, so don't be shy.

11 comments:

Anne Marie said...

count this home schoolin' mama of 5 in!

great idea....

just so you know, the grades of my kids are 6th, 5th, 4th, K

The D'Amato Family said...

Me too! Me too! We are half way through Kinder and starting another preschooler in August.
I just found a neat math website the other day:
http://www.mathworksheetwizard.com/kindergarten/numbers.html

Love ya girl!!!

Madeline said...

Isn't Homeschooling/Unschooling great?!! I'm glad you're enjoying it. Stephan asked me the other day when I was going to start unschooling Levi. I chuckled a bit, and said, "Honey, we've already started."

I'd love to be added to your list!

Megan said...

hey- i never noticed the edible flower link in your sidebar- cool! i've always heard, never done it (other than tea, of course).

we homeschool, but i don't update the hs blog too often...but i do when i can!

elflyn said...

Thank you for dropping by, your lovely comments and for adding me to your blog list.
Coincidently those little slippers are knitted from a wool/alpaca blend. So soft and warm on his little feet.
Looking forward to catching up with you soon, so funny that you are embracing Spring as we get our Autumn activities underway.
x

outdoor.mom said...

Hi Molly! What a great idea!! I'm a Homeschooling mama too!! Been doing it for 15 years now.

Everytime i come to your blog, i just smile at how cute that top header photo is!! What a wonderful memory to capture.

outdoor.mom said...

thought you might enjoy this ladies homeschooling blog too :

http://homeschoolingahandful.blogspot.com/

she just did a bunch of homeschooling posts

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

Hey Girls,

We have been been homeschooling for a little while now. I have a 4th, 3rd and preschooler. We have enjoyed it but since we have found "the" curriculum oh it has been so much more fun! If any of you are interested it is called My Father's World. www.mfwbooks.com
It was a lot to take in when we first got it and we felt very overwhelmed! Don't let that scare you. We took most of their suggestions for like math, spelling, etc. The math we love. The spelling we haven't tackled yet. It is still a bit overwhelming but we will incorporate it in probably next year. So any way if you are searching...check out My Father's World and see what you think.
Homeschooling has been such a blessing to our family. And I pray that it is to yours as well!

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Although my blog is not an exclusively for homeschooling mums because education at home has been a way of life for our family for over 12 years I cannot but help write about the joys of teaching your own children at home. I also have not used formal curriculum for the majority of that time, preferring to make learning a more natural, delight directed experience. I have posted about a few of our unit studies and hope to share some more this year to give others practical, creative ideas for learning at home - not just tell them what curriculum to use! My first son is 17 and is studying at home for a degree which he commenced at the age of 16 - he had never sat a formal test until he sat his first university exam. We never did any intensive, accelerated learning or formal bookwork - just covered the basics, read good books, did lots of hands on fun activities and nature study during the primary years. My post on his experience called 'The Homeschool Graduate' helped quite a few homeschoolers and I would encourage anyone who is struggling or just not sure about what they have got themselves into to pop over to my blog and read this post. It looks like my homeschool journey is going to be a lengthy one as I have six other children and with God's grace I hope to be still homeschooling in 2027! I invite others to tag along!

kado! said...

i am SO proud of you, that is HARD work!

I wish I thought I was smart enough to home-school...but I don't want to be held responsible if my kids don't learn anything!! ;) I LOVE the un-schooling idea but I just don't think I am brave enough to do that too...I really really admire how strong you are. YOU are such a Great Momma!!!

Tiffany said...

Oooh! I am a homeschooling Mommy - brand new. Am doing preschool with my four year old this year. I am very excited to start K with her next,and we will be using Five in a Row!