Lavender is my favorite flower, and smell. Last year I started 100 seedlings indoors and planted them along my walkway. They look so full and beautiful this year. I have been cutting bunches, and tying them and into bundles with scraps of ribbon, to give them to friends and also to hang around the cottage to dry and fill the air with their clean floral scent. 




8 comments:
Oh my goodness Molly, how perfectly lovely!
LOVE it :) you're so creative!
Oh, how beautiful! I wish lavender was so easy to grow here.
My favorite too! And I am thinking about planting it along my sidewalk of our new house,although I am nervous because I just do not have that "green thumb" touch. Any tips?
McFamily~ As far as growing the Lavender I think the Lord just really blessed it, because I am still learning myself. And the best advise I can give for any planting is to take the time to read up on your plants and follow the directions. Each type of plant is so different and the things they need to thrive can be pretty specific. I started a 3 ring binder for my gardens. It gets complicated and confusing @ least for me. Because some like high PH or low PH and some like full sun to part shade or no sun. Some thrive on fertilizer others can be left alone. Some like to be wet and some like to be dry. My goodness! So having everything on file for quick reference is really handy.
Hope you have fun with it.
Many Blessings,
Molly
I love it too~
Molly ~your house id adorable.
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Blessings from Missouri~
Carrie
I too love lavender and did once have a hedge spilling over the rock wall in my garden. There are a few plants left - too many wet summers have seen its demise, as apparently lavender does not like 'wet feet'. I will keep trying to grow it because in dry , hot summers it thrives. I used to dry my tea towels on the bushes - another way to bring the fragrance into your home and still enjoy it in the garden!
Your home is gorgeous! It looks like such a peaceful, happy place! :)
I had to move my blog, my new url is:
www.magiclearningjourney.blogspot.com
I formerly blogged at Our Life in Words :)
I really enjoy your blog! Great music, too!
Theresa
Post a Comment