Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Photos

I have no Idea what to write about, not for lack of action, but rather for too much. Life has been a whirlwind lately. I am just hoping it slows down in time for Chloe to be born. Ahhhhh! I've still
been taking lots of pictures in hopes to be able to document what's going on in our lives, and fill in the blanks on the blog when I get a chance, but just the thought of finding the time to sit down and write about it all has been overwhelming. Not to mention all the projects we've been doing, one of wich is organizing all of our old photos. I've been trying to scan and make back up files and create albums and fill frames, I can't believe Lily will be five this fall and I only have one photo album finished. I need to get crackin'! My mom kept all our photos in boxes under her bed, and I swore I would never do that. And guess what, it's already happening to me, and I'm trying to fix it.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi! Are your photos on discs or sd cards or your computer? If so, you may want to consider photo books. I just started doing this and it is easy as can be and they come out beautiful and for me it seems like a time saver (although it's hard to pick and choose the photos). I've uploaded them to shutterfly in the past, edit and they will even make the book for you and pick backgrounds that go well with the photos or you can make it yourself. It's actually waaay more relaxing, imo, to sit on the couch and do it on my laptop than to sit at the dining room table and do it in a book. Just a thought.

If you have a mac, they have a great program for iphoto books. I just got a mac and am playing with that now...but in the past i've used shutterfly and the books are top quality professional looking and right now they are running a special--50% off and Free shipping.. And, no, they don't pay me to sell their service. lol...it's just something I just found and LOVE so much I want to share it!

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Hey Theresa, That's what I used for Lily's photo book of her first year, that way I could make multiple copies and give them to family for christmas. I love shutterfly. And you are right, they do look really profesional. I plan on doing it again when we have the cash. I didn't know they had a 50% off special going right now though. I will have to speak with my hubby. He can't resist a good deal. Thanks for the heads up ;)
Many Blessings,
Molly

swonderful said...

I've been struggling with the same thing. Pregnant with #3 is really challenging!

outdoor.mom said...

i'm in the same boat and not even motivated to try and fix it - lol

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Blogger does not send me your updates even though I have signed up to follow (don't know why it does this, the URL is correct) so I am catching up with your recent posts Molly and see you have not much longer to wait for your darling baby girl to arrive. My little son is 6 months old today. What a beautiful baby shower your friends organized. I too, also said I would not keep photos in biscuit tins under the bed! My parents did this. I should try out the photo books too. Have you seen the ads for turning your blog into a book? Do you know of anyone who has tried this method of blog preservation? As my blog is also now a family journal I would hate to lose it if blogger had some kind of meltdown.
Wishing you every blessing for the final days of your pregnancy and prayers for a good labour and birth.

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Ann at Eightacresofeden~ I have never heard of turning your blog into a book. What a fabulously lovely Idea. I wonder how much it would cost? Eeek!
And if blogger had a meltdown, so would I ;(
Blessings,
Molly